Only recently have wind power generators been able to produce enough electricity to make them a worthwhile investment. New technological advances in wind turbines design have made wind power more efficient. Through the implementation of more aerodynamic blades, small wind turbines for home use can now generate sufficient electricity to power appliances, lights and other electrical devices in the home, business office or farm.
· Going Green – This alternate method of electricity production provides a new avenue for “going green”. This natural approach helps the environment while also reducing monthly utility bills.
· Affordable Generated Electricity – Wind power was once an energy source only for the rich. Today however, home wind turbine kits are now available for any do-it-yourself beginner interested in using the natural resources, available on his or her property.
· Disconnecting from the Public Grid – Used in conjunction with solar panels, and bio-diesel energy production, “whole house” electrical generation systems diminish or replace fossil fuel generated power. Removing yourself from the grid of your local electric company by creating self-sustaining renewable resource energy can eliminate monthly utility bills, and in some cases provide an extra income. By federal law, any local electric company must purchase unused renewable resource energy from any supplier.
· Increased Home Value – The do-it-yourself beginner can accomplish construction of a basic power generating system for under $100. Connecting a series of different natural energy producing systems can create enough electricity to make a dramatic difference in lowering your electricity bills. Because wind and solar power is generated from an unending renewable resource, it can produce free electricity for decades. Every dollar not needing to be spent on electricity every month significantly increases the value of your home.
· Educating Yourself – Learning how to create power entirely from the sun, wind and bio-diesel sources generated by your household, can make you energy independent from the public electric grid. Complete blueprints and specific details can be found in e-books available on the Internet.
Effectively harnessing the power of wind can supply enough energy to offset your on-going utility bills. Through the use of wind power generators, you can dramatically reduce or even eliminate the need to be connected to the electrical electric grid.